Why volunteer at the Boulder Public Library?
- Support library services for in Boulder.
- Select from a variety of tasks, including assisting with special events and programs.
- Gain new skills, such as teaching, organization, teamwork, and leadership.
Apply to be a Library Volunteer
- Download our application
- Staff will contact you as opportunities that match your time, preferred locations, and interests are become available.
- While we strive to place as many volunteers as possible, we may not be able to place each applicant.
- Teen applications require the signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to the start of service if they are volunteering in departments which assist seniors or children.
- Background checks may be performed.
- Court ordered community services volunteers will be used on an "as needed" basis.
Our needs are varied, so don't hesitate to ask if you have a special area of interest. For more information, call Grayson Hardman in the Volunteer Services Office at 303-441-3114.
Apply to be a BoulderReads! Volunteer
Literacy volunteers will be matched one-on-one to adult learners to help them develop their reading and writing skills. For more information, please visit How to Volunteer or contact Laurie at 303-444-5599, firstname.lastname@example.org