Why volunteer at the Boulder Public Library?
- Support library services for in Boulder.
- Select from a variety of tasks, including assisting with special events and programs.
- Gain new skills, such as teaching, organization, teamwork, and leadership.
Volunteers are needed to sort, scan, and place donations on carts and in boxes. Some light lifting may be involved. Familiarity with books is preferred.
Apply to be a Library Volunteer
- Download our application
- Staff will contact you as opportunities that match your time, preferred locations, and interests are become available.
- While we strive to place as many volunteers as possible, we may not be able to place each applicant.
- Teen applications require the signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to the start of service if they are volunteering in departments which assist seniors or children.
- Background checks may be performed.
- Court ordered community services volunteers will be used on an "as needed" basis.
Our needs are varied, so don't hesitate to ask if you have a special area of interest. For more information, call Grayson Hardman in the Volunteer Services Office at 303-441-3114.
Apply to be a BoulderReads! Volunteer
Literacy volunteers will be matched one-on-one to adult learners to help them develop their reading and writing skills. For more information, please visit How to Volunteer or contact Laurie at 303-444-5599, firstname.lastname@example.org