- Getting a Library Card
- Checkout, Renewal and Return
- More on Your Account
- Use your smartphone as your library card!
- Holds and Interlibrary Loan
- Collection Agency
- Library Value Calculator
More on your Account
Access your account online at http://nell.boulderlibrary.org/patroninfo. Using your online account, you can see checked out items and due dates, renew items, see any unpaid fines, change your email address for notifications and more.
You can keep a list of items you have checked out, even after you have returned them. From the time you have enabled "My Reading History", a list of items you have checked out will be saved for you to view. The list is only available for viewing when you are logged in to your account. Items checked out at the time of enabling "My Reading History" are not added to "My Reading History." If you choose to disable this feature, the list of items will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
What are the implications for "My Reading History" in terms of confidentiality and the USA PATRIOT Act?
You should be aware that using "My Reading History" means this information is being stored on the library computer server. If the library is served with a subpoena, Reading History information may need to be surrendered to law enforcement officials.
To access the "My Reading History" feature:
- Log in to your account online.
- Click on the "My Reading History" button.
- To enable "My Reading History," click the "Opt In" button.
- To disable at any time, click on the "Opt Out" button. (NOTE: All entries in My Reading History must be deleted before the system will allow you to Opt Out.)
- To selectively delete items from the list, check the entry in the Mark column and click on "Delete Marked."
- To delete all entries, click on "Delete All."
It is your responsibility to let us know when your mailing address, telephone number or e-mail address has changed. To update your contact information, telephone the library at 303-441-3100 or fill out our online Change of Address form.
We feel that the rights of our patrons to privacy and autonomy are of the utmost importance. To protect your privacy, we will not share your library card number or personal information over the phone. Please remember to log out of your patron record when you are finished accessing your account online at the library. A record of the titles you check out or your search queries is not kept unless you choose to use the My Reading History or Preferred Searches features.