The Maker Made Exhibit is now showing through January 29, 2018.
The BLDG 61 makerspace is an all-ages public workshop located in the 1961 portion of the Main Library that is dedicated to hands-on learning and cultivating valuable experiences in the community through making.
This show celebrates the work of designers, scientists, artists, engineers, and craftspeople that comprise our maker community. Showcased work will include printed materials, three-dimensional objects, kinetic, and interactive projects.
Artwork will be put on display at Boulder Library’s Canyon Gallery and in the BLDG 61 makerspace. The link for submissions will be available on bldg61.org starting October 11th, 2017. The deadline for submissions is
November 11th November 18th, 2017. (Deadline Extended)
A gallery opening event will be held on Friday December 15th at 6:00PM.
Artwork on display will meet the following criteria:
- All maker-related media (prints, photos, design, sculpture, interactive, electronic, kinetic, interactive, video). Preference will be given to pieces which can be wall-mounted. Three-dimensional works may be submitted, but space is limited for these displays.
- Although not limited to the following categories, we would like to showcase 3D printed design, textiles, laser or CNC cut works, electronics, 2D printmaking and design, robotics projects, interactive work, woodworking, metalworking, science, and engineering projects
- Artwork & projects must be the original work of the applicant.
- Pieces must be in ready-to-hang format. View the detailed hanging requirements.
- Interactive & Kinetic pieces should be able to handle the rigors of daily use in a public space with no maintenance to be performed by BLDG 61 or Boulder Library staff.
- All ages and skill levels welcome (amateur to professional).
Each maker is allowed to submit up to three pieces for consideration. Submissions are chosen based on creativity, relevance to the maker movement, and type of media in relation to other selected work. Makers should review the Canyon Gallery’s general guidelines to make sure a project is a good fit.
Drop Off and Pick Up (UPDATED!)
Selected artwork will need to be dropped off at the Boulder Public Library Canyon Gallery at the following times:
- Monday December 11th 1PM – 6PM *
- Tuesday December 12th 3PM – 7PM *
* NOTE: These are updated drop-off times from the ones originally advertised. Thank you for your flexibility.
Work can be picked up at the library on January 29th from 1PM to 7:30PM. Art cannot be stored after the deadline