The City of Boulder facilities and services continue to be impacted significantly by COVID-19. To reduce transmission of COVID-19 the library has increased safety measures and is working closely with the City of Boulder, Boulder County Public Health, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment and other partner organizations to coordinate our operations.
Available Services Main Library:
- Storytime is being held in the Canyon Gallery, you must register to attend
- The first floor is open for limited collection browsing, self-service holds pick-up and express internet use/printing
- The Children’s Room is open Tuesday through Sunday
- Seating is available on the second floor
Meadows Library Branch:
- Self-service holds pickup
- Limited collection browsing
- Computer access
- Book returns accepted
NoBo Corner Library:
- Contactless carry out service available
- Book returns accepted
Boulder Public Library is here for you and remains committed to serving our community with innovation and care. Quick Links:
- Subscribe to our mailing list for updates.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- NoBo Corner Library Holds Carryout Service by appointment
Upcoming Service Changes
- Meeting rooms available to the public (select meeting rooms to start with limits on group size)
- Hours will change in children’s library to be open at all times Main has public operating hours
- Carryout starts at George Reynolds Branch Library
- Opening of Canyon Entrance, north building and library bridge
- Seeds Library Café re-opens
- Open access to the 1st floor fiction area
- Opening of Teen Space or alternative Teen Space
- Exhibits in Canyon Gallery
Main Library and Call Center Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday – Sunday: noon to 5 p.m.
What can I expect? Due to the financial impacts and safety concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, library staffing, budgets and services have been reduced. Services, are now more costly to provide due to the added expense of PPE and cleaning. Thank you for your understanding and patience in these unprecedented times.
- Self-service holds pickup (up to 10 holds per account) and self-service checkout
- Limited access to building through Arapahoe Ave. entrance
- Occupancy limits apply, please be prepared to wait for entry
- Mandatory face covering and social distancing of at least 6 feet required
- Parking at the Main Library remains 90 minutes free and an additional 90 minutes available for purchase.
- Limited collection access; Adult collections are closed.
- All-gender restrooms open on the first floor only
- Meeting and study rooms remain closed
- Material returns accepted at outdoor book drops only
- For expedited service please bring your library card, library card number or photo ID
- Frequently Asked Questions about the library
Safety Information The health and safety of our patrons is our number one priority. Those who are considered high risk should remain at home. We are proactively cleaning at all times. We reserve the right to close and reopen at any time due to potential health risks.
- Please respect the safety of staff and other patrons; do not enter buildings if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case.
- All patrons age 11 and older must wear a face covering when in buildings.
- Patrons are expected to respect 6 feet of physical distancing between parties.
- Patrons are expected to adhere to all signage and staff requests as related to new requirements.
For more information on what the City of Boulder is doing, please visit bouldercolorado.gov/coronavirus Learn more about COVID-19 at:
• Boulder County’s COVID-19 • Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment • Centers for Disease Control • World Health Organization • Call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email [email protected], for answers in English and Spanish
Thank you for your understanding and for working with us to keep the community safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have more questions, contact us through our Ask a Librarian service and library staff will be happy to help.
Returned items will no longer be quarantined. However, some libraries in the consortium will continue to quarantine items. You may see a delay in those materials being checked in and removed from your account.
If your holds are available at the Main Library or Meadows Branch Library, you do not need an appointment. Simply grab your mask and visit during regular hours. Please be aware that occupancy limits apply, be prepared to wait for entry to the building.
If your holds are at the NoBo Corner Library, please make a hold carryout appointment when you receive notification your holds are ready.
If you receive an additional hold ready notice after scheduling your appointment, you do not need to make an additional appointment. All items that are ready for pickup by your appointment date will be waiting for you.
Due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, library staffing and budgets have been reduced. This has limited our capacity to purchase and process new materials as quickly as we have in the past. Additionally, publishers and distributors are working hard to meet their own budget and supply challenges. Our regional library partners and couriers are also working on phased approaches to move requested library materials to hold pickup locations. Please know that we are working hard to make new and existing materials available to our library patrons as quickly as possible, but delays are expected.