Text Message Service FAQs
Please note this service cannot be used in lieu of a library card and is only intended to provide notifications.
- The library doesn’t charge a fee for this service, but your cell phone plan’s regular text messaging rates still apply. Check with your cell phone service provider to see the cost of text messages in your service plan. You can expect a larger volume of text messages with this service.
- For English text SIGNUP to: 720-893-9151
- For Spanish text REGISTRESE to: 720-893-9151
- When prompted, enter your card number (full number with no spaces, e.g. d00xxxxxxx)
You’ll receive a list of active and inactive notices. See the ‘What kinds of notices will I get‘ section for more information.
- A mobile phone with text messaging capability
- Text messaging service (check your cell phone service plan)
- Your 10-digit barcode number from your library card
In order to use a language other than English, you must select the appropriate keyword that corresponds to the English equivalent. Below are the Spanish translations for each of the English keywords.
*Note: in some cases the keywords are always in English
|ADDCARD||ADDCARD||Add a secondary library card to your notification account|
|DROPCARD||DROPCARD||Remove a secondary library card|
|HOLDS||MANTENER||Hold notices Opt In/Out|
|IOWEU||TEDEBO||See the current fine total on your account|
|NOTICES||AVISOS||Current status of all your Opt In/Out services|
|OVERDUE||ATRASADO||Overdue notice Opt In/Out|
|QUIT||SALIR||Stop this text notices service|
|RENEW||RENOVAR||Renew notices Opt In/Out|
|RESEND||REENVIAR||Resend the last message|
|SIGNUP||REGISTRESE||Register for this text notices service|
|SWITCHPHONE||CAMBIARTELEFONO||Change the phone number receiving texts|
Text NOTICES to view the current status of all the opt-in/out notices.
These notices are ON by default. Texting the keyword (e.g. HOLDS) to 720-893-9151 will turn that type of notice off. Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on.
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
Other Commands (send all keywords to 720-893-9151):
TEST: Test your connection to the service.
HELP: Get help with a command. E.g., type HELP FEES to get help with that command
FEES: This is a notice that there are fines or fees owed.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: These notices will feature library closures, etc.
MYBOOKS: Inquire about the status of all of your library items.
IOWEU: Get a list of fines and fees for all registered barcodes.
RHL: Get a list of holds expiring soon.
HL: Get a list of holds that are ready to pick up.
OA: The service will attempt to renew all overdue items and will reply with a list of items that were successfully and unsuccessfully renewed.
OL: Generates a numbered list of all overdue items eligible for renewal.
RA: The service will attempt to renew all items and will reply with a list of items that were successfully and unsuccessfully renewed.
RI: Get a list of items that are coming due and that cannot be renewed.
RL: Generates a numbered list of renewable items.
MYCARDS: Generates a numbered list of the barcodes currently registered to your phone.
ADDCARD: This will add a barcode registered to your phone for notices.
DROPCARD: To remove a card from your phone for notices.
ADDEMAIL: Change email on your account.
SWITCHPHONE: Update your phone number or mobile service provider (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc).
RESEND: Receive last message again.
STOP: Immediately remove your number from the text service, no questions asked.
Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will be sent between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.