Carnegie Branch Library for Local History
The Carnegie Branch Library for Local History archive collects and preserves our community’s memory for future generations of researchers. Written, visual and audible materials created by and about Boulder-area residents are housed in our documents room, and are available to the public and scholars for research. Collections documenting early geographic, cultural and social regions of Boulder County include:
- photographs, request a photo from our collection
- oral history interviews
- historic Boulder and Boulder County newspapers in microfilm ranging from 1869-present as well as the Boulder Daily Camera archives organized by last name and subject.
Housed inside the Carnegie Branch Library is the Boulder Genealogical Society’s collection. This collection consists of a wide range of materials including:
- obituary indexes (1859-1925 and 1960-present).
- mortuary and burial records
- histories and directories for various Boulder churches.
This collection is in the process of being cataloged and is searchable online.
The Genealogical Society offers research for a fee. For more information email email@example.com.
Visit our Genealogy Guide for family tree resources.