Parking & Hours Information
For parking and hours information see our location page.
Please fill out our class visits form to schedule school and group visits with library staff at least two weeks in advance of the date you prefer. Drop-in visits can not be adequately accommodated by library staff due to the limited size and staffing within the building.
Wednesday Morning Special Hours
In addition to our regular operating hours, Carnegie Branch Library is open by appointment only on Wednesday mornings from 10 – 1. Please call (303) 441-3110 for more information.
To Reserve a time:
- Researchers MUST make an appointment with a staff person at least 24 hours to one week in advance.
- Please be prepared. Search our Catalog, a list of materials or topic is required to be submitted at the time the appointment is made.
- See our list of rules and library policies below.
The archive’s resources are non-circulating and must be used in the archive. There are specific rules governing Library Rules of Conduct and the Carnegie Branch Library in-house collection use.
Please comply with the following rules for in-house use of our collection:
- All patrons entering the library must keep voices and conversation low.
- Cell phones must be taken outside the building.
- Due to the nature of our collection, children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Materials may not be borrowed or checked out.
- Backpacks and briefcases are not allowed in the stacks. Please place them on the chair next to you or on the floor.
- If the weather is inclement, please place wet coats on the coat track so as to not damage our materials.
- No food or drink is allowed in the archive. Leave any food or drink in the entryway.
- Photographs may not be photographed or scanned, with the exception of the City of Boulder collections 511 and 780 as well as the collection of photographs on the Boulder Assessor’s cards.