Welcome to the Boulder Public Library!
We are excited to have you join
our volunteer team.
Immediate Volunteer Needs:
Learn more about these roles and APPLY TO VOLUNTEER.
Jaipur Literature Festival Volunteers
The 2019 Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) Colorado will be held at the Main Boulder Public Library September 21-22, 2019. Over 200 volunteers need to help with various roles such as registration, author lounge monitor, venue assistant, and usher to support this accessible celebration of literature. Learn more about JLF volunteer opportunities and sign up today!
Learn more about JLF volunteer opportunities by browsing the various volunteer roles using the links below.
- Communications Volunteers (roles include: Festival Blogger, Festival Photographer, Festival Social Media Volunteer)
- Venue Support Volunteers (roles include: Venue Usher, Venue Assistant)
- Registration Volunteers and Event Greeters
- Production Volunteers (roles include: Production Volunteer, Parking Information Distributor)
- Event Support Volunteers (roles include: Event Floater, Volunteer Lounge Assistant, Lunch Assistant)
- Workshop and Children’s Program Support (roles include: Workshop and Children’s Program Helper, Coordinator of Community Readings, Coordinator of Workshops)
- Event Preparation Volunteers (Note: These opportunities are scheduled for September 16-20; no training is required if you are only volunteering in the pre-festival/event preparations phase)
- Author Activity Support Volunteers (roles include: Author Liaison, Author Lounge Monitor, Book Signing Volunteer)
Are you a teenager (age 13-17) interested in volunteering at JLF? Some of the best volunteer roles for teens are Registration Volunteer and Event Greeter, Venue Usher, and Workshop and Children’s Program Helper.
Other Immediate Volunteer Needs:
Drop-In Tech Coach: Help adult patrons one-on-one in an informal drop-in setting with questions about digital library services and basic questions about the Internet, common software applications such as MS Office applications like Word and Excel, and common social media platforms like Facebook. Minimum commitment of one hour per month for six months.
Program and Events Volunteer: Volunteer to work with a wide diversity of people and programs. Programs and events are for all ages and many are geared specifically towards families with children. The majority are held during the evenings and on weekends.
Youth Maker Hangout Volunteer: Support kids aged 7-14 years old learning how to code in Scratch, Bitsbox, Cubelets, CAD modeling, Python, and/or BiBli robots. Volunteers help get kids set up with computer and programs, answer questions, ask questions to have kids demonstrate their work, and encourage coding skill development with positive support. Must be available on Tuesdays from 4:00 to 5:30 pm at the Main Library (September through May).
On An “As Needed” Basis:
Court-ordered Community Service Volunteers will be utilized on an “as needed” basis. Community Service Volunteers perform primarily two main tasks: tidying the bookshelves and cleaning books. If you are interested in being considered for these roles, please fill out the Court Ordered Community Service Volunteer Application at the link above. Also, plan to bring your court document to your first volunteer meeting and give a copy to the volunteer coordinator.
For more information, contact the Volunteer Services Office at 303-441-3114 or [email protected].