We are excited to have you join our volunteer team!
Under 18? Check out our teen volunteer opportunities.
For more information, contact the Volunteer Services Office at 303-441-3114 or [email protected].
Note: If you are seeking to volunteer only with BoulderReads or Conversations in English, please check out the BoulderReads volunteer information.
Process to Become a Library Volunteer
- Develop a login and fill out the volunteer application at Volunteer Application and indicate any specific interests.
- Feel free to set up an orientation meeting with the volunteer coordinator to discuss the opportunities and volunteer procedures.
- Teen applications require the signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to the start of service.
- Background checks may be performed.
- Court-ordered Community Service Volunteers: Please fill out the volunteer application and look for Community Service opportunities on the calendar. Be sure to bring your court document to your first meeting and give them to the volunteer coordinator. Community Service Volunteers perform primarily two main tasks: tidying the bookshelves and cleaning books. Community service volunteers will be utilized on an “as needed” basis.
Our needs are varied, so do not hesitate to ask if you have a special area of interest or special skills to contribute. For more information, contact the Volunteer Services Office at 303-441-3114 or [email protected].
Certified Service Enterprise by Points of Light
We are pleased to announce that the Library volunteer services programs and projects as part of the City of Boulder Volunteer Cooperative have been certified by Points of Light as a Service Enterprise! A Service Enterprise is an organization that fundamentally leverages volunteers and their skills throughout their organization to successfully deliver on its social mission. To earn this honor, Volunteer Cooperative staff completed an extensive assessment, over 20 hours of training and consulting, extensive internal planning and change to better integrate volunteers in our day-to-day operations. By achieving this level of excellence and certification, the Library and the Volunteer Cooperative is now better equipped to leverage the time and talent of volunteers and better meet our mission.