Adult Literacy Tutors
- are at least 18 years old
- are comfortable reading and writing, speaking and listening in English
- complete the BoulderReads tutor training
- commit to 3 hours of tutoring a week for at least 6 months
- maintain regular contact with learners and BoulderReads staff
- meet learners remotely via video conference platform like Zoom, Skype, or Facetime. In the future when safe, be able to meet at library branches or other public locations
- are proficient with email, video conferencing, basic software and web-based electronic resources.
Interested? Fill out a Literacy tutor application.
English Conversations Group Facilitators
- are native English speakers at least 18 years old
- support a multi-level English conversation group by facilitating discussion on selected topics and general conversations
- select appropriate topics and materials for discussion
- provide a welcome and pleasant learning environment for all
- maximize speaking opportunities for all learners
- maintain learners’ confidentiality
- submit weekly program attendance
- maintain regular email communication with BoulderReads staff
- abide by Boulder Public Library policies and procedures
- are proficient in and comfortable with facilitating groups via Zoom, including sharing screens, chat function, etc.
For more information, reach our BoulderReads staff through our contact us page.