Reading Buddies is a program intended to promote a passion for reading and books in young children. Each Little Buddy is matched with an adult volunteer or CU student, their Big Buddy, and spends 90 minutes a week engaging in fun reading, writing and literacy activities over the course of a semester.
- Serves children in Kindergarten-3rd Grade
- Pairs adult volunteers/CU students with Little Buddies for reading, writing and literacy activities
- Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 4:30-6 p.m. during the fall semester; days to be determined for spring semester
- Held at the Main Boulder Public Library, 1001 Arapahoe Avenue
- Increases children’s interest in books and reading
- Little Buddies are eligible to participate in the program for 2 consecutive semesters.
The current session is full. Please fill out the interest form to be notified when the applications reopen.
Reading Buddies in the News
- CU-Boulder students, elementary schoolers discover ties that bind
- Reading Buddies on Inside Boulder News
- CU – Buddies For Life: Building More Than Books
For more information, email BoulderReads staff at [email protected], text us at 1-844-303-5359, or fill out our contact form.
We at BoulderReads want to express our gratitude to the Boulder Library Foundation for their generous support of the Reading Buddies program. Their support makes this and many other great programs possible. Please consider donating to support their great work.