Reading Buddies is a program intended to promote a passion for reading and books in young children. Each Little Buddy is matched with an adult volunteer or CU student, their Big Buddy, and spends 90 minutes a week engaging in fun reading, writing and literacy activities over the course of a semester.
- Serves children in first through third grade
- Pairs adult volunteers/CU students with Little Buddies for reading, writing and literacy activities
- Meets weekly; days to be determined for upcoming semesters
- Held at the Main Boulder Public Library, 1001 Arapahoe Avenue
- Increases children’s interest in books and reading
- Little Buddies are eligible to participate in the program for 2 consecutive semesters.
Sign your child up to be part of the program!
Now accepting applications for Wednesday Reading Buddies from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. starting October 4th.
Little Buddy Enrollment form (English/Español)
Registration Deadline is: Sunday, October 1st.
Reading Buddies in the News
- CU-Boulder students, elementary schoolers discover ties that bind
- Reading Buddies on Inside Boulder News
- CU – Buddies For Life: Building More Than Books
We at BoulderReads want to express our gratitude to the Boulder Library Foundation for their generous support of the Reading Buddies program. Their support makes this and many other great programs possible. Please consider donating to support their great work.