Many digital photos can be downloaded free of charge. High resolution files of scanned photographs may be ordered. Information about accessing photograph collections with use restrictions is below.
Download Digital Photos
Lower resolution scanned photographs work for most applications such as digital presentations and research.
- Locate photo of interest in the online catalog via basic or advanced search.
- Click the “download image” option located directly above the photo viewer.
Order High Resolution Photo Files
The first three high-resolution scanned photograph files are complementary.
- Review the information about processing time, file delivery, and photograph collections with use restrictions.
- Complete the Photograph Order Form[PDF].
- Email the completed form to [email protected] .
- Call 303-441-3100 to make a credit card payment.
Processing Time and File Delivery
Orders are delivered via OneDrive by 5 p.m. MST. Processing times begin after payment is received.
Order Processing Time
Up to 5 files 7 days
6 to 10 files 14 days
More than 10 files Due date scheduled at time of order 3 business days
Photo Reproduction Fees
High-resolution reproductions of photographs are provided as digital TIFF files. Fees are double for rush orders.
600 dpi scans $10.00 each
1200 dpi scans* $25.00 each
*Recommended for negatives, slides, contact prints and photo enlargements larger than 11”x 17”.
Photograph Collections with Restrictions
The following collections require permission from the donor organizations.
- Boulder Historical Society Collection Photos (call numbers BHS 000-399)
Complete the Museum of Boulder Archive/Photograph Use Agreement and submit it AFTER placing the order with the Carnegie Library.
- Boulder Daily Camera Photos (call numbers BDC and 928)
Photos used for commercial purposes require completion of the Daily Camera Use Agreement Form [PDF]. Request Permission from, and submit use fees to, the Boulder Daily Camera Editor BEFORE placing the order with the Carnegie Library. Please cc [email protected] on all correspondence. The order will be processed once verification of permission and payment from the Boulder Daily Camera is received by the Carnegie Library staff.