Boulder Public Library (BPL) offers a limited number of sponsorship opportunities for programs and events that bring value to the community and are aligned with BPL’s mission. Sponsorship is defined as the Library and Arts Department hosting of programs in library facilities that are coordinated by an outside entity and are supported, co-marketed, or co-organized by the Library and Arts Department.
There are two types of sponsorship available:
Terms and Conditions
Organizations presenting library-sponsored programs or events shall observe the following terms and conditions.
- Organizations may make verbal requests for donations and must direct attendees to contribute directly to the organization’s website or mailing address. Donation boxes or soliciting and collecting donation requests in library facilities are not permitted.
- Organizers may post or distribute materials at the door of the venue or on the community bulletin board
- The program or event shall be designed to be accessible to attendees with special needs to the degree that is possible.
- Any communications about the sponsored program or event must be approved by BPL staff prior to release of those materials. Inclusion of the BPL logo or the phrase “Sponsored by the Boulder Public Library” may be requested by the library on printed materials. Program or event communications includes all marketing materials, press releases, web pages, calendar listings, advertisements, etc.
- Organizers must inform BPL staff of any media inquiries or when television, radio, web- or print-media interviews are scheduled, and/or when the media reports are expected to be released.
- All events occurring in the Canyon Theater require a BPL staff member in attendance.
- Organizers shall report the number of attendees after the end of the program or event. Additional information requested by BPL, such as press clippings, marketing collateral, and a narrative about the success of the program or event in addressing the standards outlined in the Review Criteria of Sponsorship Proposals, shall be provided by the Organizers within ten business days of such request.
Failure to abide by these general terms and conditions may result in the withdrawal of sponsorship and forfeiture of the opportunity for the organization to apply for sponsorship in the future. Boulder Public Library, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke sponsorship of a program or event at any time.
Sponsorship Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Proposals for sponsored programs and events are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the BPL Mission.
- Potential to appeal to a diverse audience of a significant number of community members.
- Programs or events that meet the above criteria and are free and open to the public.
The following program or event categories are not eligible for sponsorship:
- Political campaigns, including programs or events that intend to influence the passage or defeat of ballot issues, city ordinances, or to promote candidates for political office.
- Religious programs that promote a single religious viewpoint over that of others.
- Content that advocates violence or intolerance.
- Content that advocates the violation of Municipal, State, or Federal laws
Benefits for Sponsored Programs and Events
When a program or event is accepted for sponsorship, BPL, at its discretion, may provide one or more of the following:
- Priority scheduling of library facilities.
- Promotion on the library calendar.
- The base rental fee for Canyon Theater may be waived as an in-kind donation. Use of the Canyon Theater requires a BPL staff member to be present. The organizer will be charged a $30/hour fee for staff time.
Canyon Theater Sponsorship
Organizations interested in applying for sponsorship of a program or event that will take place in the Canyon Theater must complete an application, no less than three (3) months before the start date of the program. The application form is available here, during the application periods provided in the table below.
Completed applications are evaluated and applicants are given notice of the status of their application as set forth in the timeline, below. Programs are considered officially sponsored when:
- The schedule is confirmed.
- The sponsorship application is approved.
Application and Evaluation Timeline
|Event Date||Applications Accepted||Notice of Status by|
|July, August, September 2020||February 14-29, 2020||March 31, 2020|
|October, November, December 2020||May 17-31, 2020||June 30, 2020|
|January, February, March 2021||August 17 – 31, 2020||September 30, 2020|
|April, May, June 2021||November 17-30, 2020||December 30, 2020|
The Canyon Theater is also available for rentals. For questions, please call (303) 441-3100.
Meeting Room Sponsorship Application Process
Organizations may apply for sponsorship for recurring programs or events that take place in a library meeting room annually. The organization must re-apply for each subsequent year. The application forms are linked here from June 1 – June 15 and November 1 to November 15.
Recurring programs are defined as programs scheduled at regular intervals over a long period of time. For example, daily, weekly, or monthly meetings are considered recurring. Several events in a limited series held over a few days (e.g. festival or convention) are not considered recurring and may be reserved using the meeting room reservation system.
- A name and email for one lead contact person.
- A brief description of the programs.
- A twelve-month commitment with monthly dates, times and locations. Partial year sponsorships will not be granted. Organizers should review the library calendar for date/time availability before applying.
- An estimated monthly attendance number in the sponsorship application.
- Up to date program and event information for the library calendar. Organizers should monitor their program or event information on the library calendar to ensure it is accurate.
Rescheduling or Cancellation
- The organizers are responsible for rescheduling all meetings due to library closures or other reasons. Please use the meeting room reservation system. For assistance, call 303-441-3100 or speak to a staff member at an accounts desk for assistance.
- For cancellations with less than 48-hours notice, please call 303-441-3100.
Approved by the Library Commission on February 5, 2020.